Hypertension is a lifelong condition that once has come into your life, it will be present forever. Lifestyle and dietary modifications can help lessen the medicine burden on your body and make managing hypertension easy.
1. Citrus Fruits – They have blood pressure lowering effects and are loaded with vitamins and minerals and include grapefruit, oranges, and lemons.
2. Salmon and Other Fatty Fish - Fatty fish and fish oil is an excellent source of omega-3 which helps reduce inflammation and decrease blood vessel constricting compounds.
3. Leafy Greens – Those leafy greens that are widely available in the winter months have blood pressure regulating nutrients such as potassium and magnesium.
4. Dry Fruits, Seeds, and Nuts – Dry fruits, seeds, and nuts may look small, but pack a punch of magnesium, potassium, and arginine, that is essential for relaxation and blood pressure reduction.
5. Pulses and Beans – They are rich in nutrients like fiber, magnesium, and potassium which helps in lowering blood pressure.
6. Berries - Berries have the potential to reduce heart disease as they are one of the biggest store houses for antioxidants such as raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries.
7. Carrots – A staple in vegetarian diet, carrots are crunchy, sweet, and nutritious. They can be enjoyed raw or cooked.
8. Tomatoes - Tomatoes are rich in potassium and lycopene which is significantly associated with beneficial effects on heart health.
9. Greek Yogurt – It is a nutrient-dense product that has minerals including potassium and calcium.
10. Herbs and Spices - Herbs and spices like cilantro, saffron, lemongrass, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger have been shown to have powerful compounds that can help reduce blood pressure.
11. Chia and Flax Seeds – These tiny seeds are teeming with nutrients and are essential for blood pressure regulation.
A healthy diet can significantly help lower blood pressure levels and reduce risk of heart disease. You can get a dietician to help plan the most ideal meal plan.
Curodoc Healthcare offers home healthcare services in Delhi-NCR with scheduled visits or live-in caregivers who are qualified, trained, and compassionate to help your loved one live a happier and healthier life. To learn more about our comprehensive at-home services and contact us to arrange a complimentary consultation.
Curodoc also offers home COVID management package, post-COVID rehabilitation, post-COVID care, and essential medical equipment rentals such as oxygen cylinders, vitals monitoring system, home ICU setup, hospital bed, oxygen concentrators, wheelchair, etc at affordable rates.