During the summer vacations, every parent is looking for simple ways to use up the extra energy and have some fun with your kids. With the extreme heat, going out is difficult, but then there is nothing better than providing your kids with the opportunity to nourish their minds and their bodies! These are some simple and easy ways to incorporate exercise in their daily routine and keep them healthy and fit!
1. Jumping Jacks - Count out 10 jumping jacks!
2. Scissor Jumps - Position one leg in front of the other. Jump up and switch legs so the opposite leg is forward. This is an in-place exercise! Repeat back and forth. Count to 10 if you can!
3. Touch Your Toes - Stretch your toes up to the sky and then bend down to touch them.
4. Ball It and Bounce – Get those jumping balls. Sit on the ball and start to get those legs pushing off the ground.
5. Mountain Climbers - Start on all fours, pull one knee into the chest and then put it back out, switch to the other leg.
6. Plank – Get your child to hold himself up on his palms and toes up to a count of 10!
7. Cat and Cow Stretch - Start on all fours and curl back up into an arch like a cat and then flatten back and stick bum out like a cow.
8. Barrel Rolls - Lie back with legs and arms straight, roll down the length of the mat and back.
9. Tuck and Roll – Somersaults
If your child has muscle pain or joint stiffness, you can also hire a physiotherapist who can visit your home and help teach exercises to keep your child flexible and active.